Preparing for your visit / summer 2020
Ruskin Lodge Coronavirus measures: 'We're Good To Go!'
We have signed up to the UK-wide ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard to demonstrate that we are adhering to government and public health guidance when preparing the lodge for guests while keeping staff and the local community safe. In Scotland, the Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers have prepared cleaning protocols which we are following.
If you or another member of your household display Covid-19 symptoms before your trip, please do not travel to the lodge. You will be given the opportunity to re-book your stay or receive a full refund. Government guidance for the public states: “the most common symptoms of coronavirus are recent onset of a continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell”. If you or your staff have these symptoms then stay at home for 7 days, or 14 days if living with someone who has the symptoms.”
If you develop symptoms during your stay, guests are advised to check out and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance. If you have acute symptoms, breathing difficulties, or believe your life is at potential risk, seek medical help immediately. If you have symptoms of other serious health conditions, such as stroke or heart attack, seek urgent medical help.
Here is what we’re doing ahead of your stay:
- Although there is no requirement to do so, we have introduced three- or four-night gaps in between stays during July and August.
- Preparing a risk assessment to highlight risks and take steps to mitigate against them.
- Deep cleaning.
- Sanitising using an antiviral disinfectant. Independently tested in February 2020 to European Standard BS EN 14476 against Coronavirus. It is effective within 5 minutes, is a non-bleach formula and is safe for food preparation areas.
Here is what we’ve left you in the lodge:
- Two handwash stations (one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom) containing sanitising handwash. EN14476 tested which kills 99.99% germs and which has been proven to be effective against coronavirus within 5 minutes.
- Hand sanitiser (one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom). 85% alcohol with aloe vera, skin conditioners and moisturisers. Independently tested to European and British Standards EN1500, EN13727, EN12504 and EN 14476. It is effective against bacteria and viruses.
- General cleaning products (under the sink).